- This event has passed.
K9-3K & Dog Carnival
June 11, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Join us for the Humane Society of the Black Hills’ 4th Annual K9-3K and Dog Carnival! This year, we have some brand new, exciting additions. Join us and help kick of our NEW running/walking pledge event, The Paws-a-thon, taking place all summer long!
9:30am: Check-in begins. Pre-register here!
10am: K9-3K begins – get a 3k run or a leisurely walk in with your canine companion!
- $10 per dog, humans may participate for free!
- Paws-a-thon kick-off
- Come in costume! Prizes awarded during the carnival.
11am: Carnival begins!
- Canine trick contests – prizes awarded for Waggiest Tail, Biggest Smile, and Best Trick
- Costume contests – prizes awarded for Best Group Costume, Best Doggy/Owner Lookalike, and Best Dressed Canine
- Low-cost pet microchipping
- Bake sale and “pup”cicles
- Dog agility course and doggie pools
- Pie an Animal Control Officer or friend in the face
- Photo booth
- 50/50 raffle
- …And more!
12pm: 4th Annual K9-3K & Dog Carnival concludes
50/50 raffle winner announced (need not be present to win – get your tickets here!)
This event is perfect for competitive groups, serious runners, casual walkers, families, and, of course, those furry friends! Want to be an event sponsor? Give Caitlin a call at (605) 341-3217 or email email@example.com.