Adopt A Pet
Thank you for considering adoption from the Humane Society of the Black Hills. Each year, more than 2,200 animals are adopted from the Humane Society into loving, caring homes. So we can provide the best adopter/adoptee experience, adoptions are by appointment only. When you find an animal you would like to adopt, call to schedule an appointment - it's that easy!
Adopt A Pet
Thank you for considering adoption from the Humane Society of the Black Hills. Each year, more than 2,500 animals are adopted from the Humane Society into loving, caring homes.
Found an animal you’d like to meet? Schedule an appointment!
Call us at (605) 394-4170 today.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Provide current photo identification
- Have a verifiable address (If you rent, bring a copy of your lease agreement and your property manager’s telephone number at the time of adoption. We will verify that the species, breed, and size of the animal you wish to adopt is allowed).
Due to the number of animals that we receive and find homes for every day, we cannot guarantee that specific animals listed on the HSBH website will be available when you visit the shelter.
Adoption fees can vary depending on the animal, age, weight, breed, and medical considerations but generally adoption fees are:
- Puppies, $375
- 6 months to adult, $90 to $300
- Kittens, $150
- 6 months to 7yrs, $100
- Seniors 7 yrs+, $50
Adoption Fees Often Include:
- Spay or Neuter
- Preventative De-worming
- Complimentary veterinary wellness exam
If you have any questions or are looking for more detailed information about our services, please feel free to call us at 605-341-3217, or contact us online.