The Adoption Process
The adoption process may take up to one hour to complete but we’ll keep it as simple and streamlined as possible. Here are the steps when you’re considering adopting a pet:
- Visit our website to see available animals or see them on site during regular hours.
- When you find a dog, cat or small animal you would like to spend more time with, simply fill out a visitation form at the Humane Society front desk for the animal you’d like to visit.
- An adoption adviser will bring the animal to meet you for a 15-minute visit.
- We will schedule the last visit for adoptions 20 minutes before we close for the day.
- Once you have found a pet that you think is your perfect match, your adoption advisor will take you through the adoption process, and you can take your new family member home!