The HSBH is currently hiring!
If you love animals and want to make a difference in their lives, apply to join the team at the Humane Society of the Black Hills! You must be 16 years of age or older to apply, although certain jobs and duties are restricted for employees under the age of 18. You must be 21 or older to be considered for the Animals Services & Enforcement Officer position (when applicable). Please fill out the form below to apply online! You may also submit your resume through our job postings on Indeed.com or email HSBHhrmgr21@gmail.com with questions about our open positions.
Benefits for full-time employees include paid time off, dental, vision, and life insurance.
We are Hiring: Adoption Advisor
Do you love animals big and small? Do you have a passion for making a difference for local animals as they await adoption? Be part of our growing team to match dogs, cats, small, and exotic animals with great people!
We are hiring for a full-time adoption advisor (weekends required). Our organization is looking for a new team member who is responsible and reliable, ready for dedicated, rewarding work, and most importantly, loves helping pets in need.
As an adoption advisor, you will:
- Provide quality customer service to clients, volunteers, and staff while actively promoting the Society’s mission, services, programs, and events.
- Assist clients with animal adoption and visitation.
- Interpret evaluation/assessments of dogs and cats to facilitate the best match of client and animal.
- Facilitate client/animal interactions to insure a safe and pleasant experience.
- Complete adoption agreements, microchip registration forms, and insurance registration, provide and discuss medical history, provide the list of participating veterinarians for surgeries.
- Schedule surgery appointments for adoptable animals.
- Transport animals to veterinary for surgery.
- Provide adoption follow-up through phone and email contact.
- Answer telephone calls promptly and courteously, providing accurate information.
- Promote enrollment in public dog training classes.
- Model and encourage the humane treatment of animals.
- Promote donation and giving opportunities as appropriate; accept and acknowledge monetary and in-kind donations.
- Represent the Humane Society in a positive manner by professional personal appearance.
- And more!
This job description reflects the general details of the specific job and is not necessarily a complete listing of all the work assignments that may be required.
The Humane Society of the Black Hills (HSBH) is an open admission shelter that manages more than 4,000 animals each year with the help of generous donors, community support, and hundreds of volunteers. Our dedicated team is committed to the shelter and care of lost, abused, or surrendered animals through our mission to Serve Animals, Serve Community. We continue to grow our kind, compassionate group for the betterment of animals who need us – we would love for you to join us!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Work Location: In person
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (605) 394-4170 for general employment questions.